The Mississippi Prevention Network (MPN)
The MPN site is intended to be a resource and a means of connecting alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) prevention professionals throughout the state of Mississippi. Prevention professionals throughout the state may use this site to learn about prevention programs in the state, stay up-to-date on prevention news, find out about upcoming events, collaborate on projects, learn about funding and job opportunities, locate professional development opportunities, access SureTool, discover available resources, and learn how to become certified in prevention.
The MPN site is intended for anyone who has a passion for prevention. This site provides resources and information for those who are new to prevention as well as those who already have a working knowledge of prevention-related issues and concepts.
The MPN site is funded by the Mississippi Department of Mental Health, Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Services. The site was developed by and is maintained by DREAM, Inc. We wish for this site to be helpful to all prevention professionals in Mississippi. We welcome relevant submissions to the site as well as comments and suggestions. Thanks for visiting us and come back soon!
Dear Mississippi Prevention Professional,
On behalf of The Mississippi Department of Mental Health, Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Services, I welcome you to the prevention field. This Mississippi Prevention Network website was designed to help you get acclimated to the substance abuse prevention field, stay abreast of important trends in the field, and inform you about Mississippi prevention resources. We hope that you will take a few moments to become familiar with the site as it has much to offer.
Here are just a few things that will help you immediately as you settle in to your role:
- Find out who your prevention project officer is by clicking on the Mississippi Department of Mental Health, Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Services staff and about the Mississippi Department of Mental Health.
- Review information about substance abuse prevention history, terminology, and other prevention concepts as well as useful web pages and data links.
- Become familiar with specific and programmatic requirements for specific programs and projects. (Check out the Special Projects Link)
- Learn about your colleagues in the field and the various prevention activities they are involved in by clicking on the Mississippi Prevention Programs.
- Work on becoming a certified prevention professional.
- Learn about opportunities for professional development and increasing your knowledge via CSAP’s Prevention Courses and DREAM’s workshops as well as others.
- Contact one of our six RADAR (Regional Alcohol and Drug Abuse Resource) Centers to locate drug prevention pamphlets, posters, and other information.
- Submit your next event, meeting, connference, etc to the public calendar.
- Don't forget to check out the Mississippi School.
- Got a prevention question? Find out more at www.dreaminc.org or www.dmh.state.ms.us
- Please bookmark this page and check back often as this site continues to grow. Welcome to the exciting world of prevention!
Mississippi Department of Mental Health
Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Services
New DREAM Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Workforce Development Course Catalog Available
For more information, contact DREAM at 601.933.9199 Anyone may attend DREAM workshops. DREAM workshops are made possible through funding and support of the Mississippi Department of Mental Health, Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Services. Non-MS DMH funded programs may attend for just $20.00 per 3 hour workshop.
For information about services available or if you or a loved one needs help, call the DMH Helpline at 1.877.210.8513. The line is always open.